Drilling & Coil Tubing Fluid Additive
Exceptional Lubricity Using Sun’s PAO Technology
CoastaLube® is a high performance lubricant for water-based drilling and coil tubing fluid systems, utilizing a polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic hydrocarbon base. Environmentally safe, CoastaLube® has a secondary function of wellbore stability and shale inhibition. PAOs are man-made and contain no aromatics or have the adverse properties of traditional mineral and diesel oils.
Sun's CoastaLube® enhances the performance of drilling fluid in low-pressure situations by coating the formation and drill string as well as acting as a boundary layer lubricant in high-temperature and high-pressure applications. CoastaLube® is readily dispersible and compatible with fresh and saltwater-based systems.
CoastaLube® has proven successful in solving problems related to angle building, angle dropping, kick-off point difficulties and mud motor drag since introduction in 1988.
- Reduces torque and drag
- Minimizes bit balling
- Decreases friction and wear
- Minimizes differential pressure sticking
- Base fluid thermal stability >600°F (315°C)
- No adverse effect on rheological properties
- Broad range efficiency
- Replacement for diesel, mineral-oil-based fluids or other synthetic base lubricant additives
- Meets EPA discharge requirements
- No effect on LC50 value of active fluid system
- 55-gallon drums (208 liters)
- Rig storage containers - 275-gallon totes, 13 bbl/550 gallons (2.07 m3)
- Disposable tote tanks
- Specific gravity 0.80
- Viscosity SUS 100°F 81.4
- Flash point COC >300°F, (149°C)
- Appearance Clear amber liquid
- Funnel viscosity 70°F - 63(sec), 120°F - 44 (sec)
- Drilling 1% - 6% by volume
- Pill application (Call us!)
To order CoastaLube® or for more information, call 713-690-3939 or e-mail us.