FracBlack HT™ ULW Proppant
Improved Ultra-Lightweight Proppant Technology
for ENHANCED PLACEMENT & CONDUCTIVITY!
FracBlack HT™ is the third generation Ultra-LightWeight (ULW) proppant designed for use in far field fracture stimulation applications in horizontal unconventional well environments. It is an advanced thermoset nanocomposite bead, wherein an intimately dispersed nanofiller provides strong reinforcement. It can be used at closure stresses up to 8000 psi and temperatures approaching 275°F, to provide substantial conductivity in the far field.. This breakthrough ULW proppant provides technical resolution to the primary limitations which impair conventional proppant placement and performance. The material’s high strength and near neutral specific gravity are designed to optimize proppant transport, placement and longevity.
- Can be used in conjunction with sand for far field applications to provide excellent closure resistance in oil and gas reservoirs (2%-5%)
- Closure stresses of up to 8000 psi (55.16 MPa) at a temperature of 250°F (121°C)
- The low specific gravity of FracBlack HT™ approaches that of water (SG 1.06), allowing for excellent proppant distribution throughout the fracture network and exceptional results in horizontal gravel pack applications
Advantages Relative to Conventional Proppants
- Lightest proppant on the market for partial monolayer and gravel pack applications
- Allows use of slickwater carrier fluids to minimize reservoir damage
- Will not crush, chip, break or otherwise generate significant migrating fines like other proppants
- Perfectly smooth and spherical
- Non-abrasive and will not damage tubing or surface equipment during use
- Manifests excellent dissipation of static electricity, facilitating ease in handling
- No sticky resin coatings to impede your equipment
- Density: 1.054 grams/cm3
- 41.2 pounds/ft3 Bulk Density
- 65.8 pounds/ft3 Absolute Density
- U.S. Mesh Size: 14/40 and 30/80
- Glass Transition Temperature: ~ 293°F (145°C)
- Toxicity: None
Product Testing, Applications, and Patents
use of this product as a proppant and in other downhole applications is
protected by U.S. Patents numbered 6248838, 6451953, 7803740, 7803741, 7803742,
7902125, 8006754, 8006755, 8088718,
8258083, 8278373, 8361934, 8455403, 8461087, 8466093, and 8492316; U.S. Patent Applications numbered 20110311719, and 20110312859; World Patent Application number WO2011115800; and other patents pending.
- Prospective customers are encouraged to review the following recent Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) papers on ULW proppants: SPE 116057 (2008), SPE 119385 (2009), SPE 124767 (2009), SPE 138319 (2010), SPE 146447 (Gravel Pack 2011) and SPE 181849 (2016).
Packaging and Delivery
Available in 2,000-pound super-sacks, FOB Belle Chasse, Louisiana, USA.
To order FracBlack HT™ Proppant or for more information, call 713-690-3939 or e-mail us.