The best of two Sun technologies
Two Components for a Two-Way Solution for Coiled Tubing
or Drilling Applications!
Liqui-Beads® provides the combination of a liquid lubricant and the premium performance of Sun’s own Lubra-Glide “CE” Co-Polymer Beads® in a single product. This combination gives you the tools to solve drag, friction and torque issues immediately in a single-drum application package.
The use of Liqui-Beads® to resolve stuck coil tubing issues has been outstanding. The combination of synthetic lubricity combined with the mechanical action of Lubra-Glide “CE” Co-Polymer Beads® developes a fulcrum effect downhole that gives you an excellent opportunity to free stuck tubing.
Advantages and Benefits
- Reduces torque and drag associated with drilling, logging, workover, completion and coiled tubing applications
- Suspended fine Lubra-Glide “CE” Co-Polymer Beads® offer excellent mechanical lubrication
- Fine grade beads average 247 microns or 65 mesh
- The premium liquid lubricant component has a high affinity for metal and bonds with these surfaces, reducing the coefficient of friction between the work string and wellbore
- Non-aromatic components will not harm mud motors, MWD or LWD tools
- LC50 >750,000 at 2% concentration
- Bio-degradability index ~60%
- Form: Liquid with suspended (Fine) Lubra-Glide “CE” Co-Polymer Beads®
- Color: Light brown
- Density: 7.3 pounds per gallon
- Thermally stable: 400°F (204°C)
- Pour Point: <-20°F (<-28°C)
- Boiling Point: >450°F (>232°C)
- Freezing Point: <-20°F (<-28°C)
- 5-gallon (18.9-liter) pails
- 55-gallon (208-liter) drums
- 550-gallon (2082-liter) bulk containers
- Disposable tote tanks
Product Applications and Mixing Procedures
Liqui-Beads® can be mixed directly into most fluid systems via injection pump, pill form or gravity feeding, directly over the fluid pump suction.
Total system treatment:
- Mix slowly through metered additions while circulating.
- Mix up to 1% LiquiBeads™ evenly throughout the circulating volume to reduce torque and drag.
Pills and Sweeps:
- Pills, approximately 2% Liqui-Beads® with sufficient volume to cover the BHA or problem area and/or build sections. After spotting a pill, stop circulation, rotate and reciprocate the drill string for 3-5 minutes, allowing the product to saturate the zone before continuing operations.