Wellbore Stabilization in a Sack!
Sun WBS™ drilling fluid additive is a specially formulated sodium asphalt sulfonate that is particularly effective as a versatile and multifunctional mud conditioner. It stabilizes shale formations, increases lubricity and reduces HTHP filtration. Suitable for water-based and oil-based systems, the formulation provides a strong framework for an extremely durable filter cake.
Sun WBS™ should be added to the mud about 300 feet before encountering the shale formation or immediately when shale is encountered. Use three to six pounds per barrel and add additional product to compensate for additional wellbore and drill stem volume during drilling. Sun WBS™ is readily soluble in water at all temperatures using conventional hopper. When drilling with sea water, it is best to prehydrate Sun WBS™ in fresh or brackish water and bleed into the mud pit.
- Appearance: Black free flowing powder
- pH: 8-10
- Moisture: 8.0% maximum
- Water soluble content: 70% minimum
- Oil soluble content: 18% minimum
- Bulk density: 56 – 65 lb/ft3
- Three to six pounds per barrel throughout mud system
- Can be added directly into pits or gunned into mud system
- Compatible with all water-based and oil-based drilling fluids
- Environmentally safe
- Thermally stable to 1,800°F (982°C)
Sun WBS™ is packaged in 50-pound sacks
(22.7-kilogram sacks)/42 sacks/pallet.
To order Sun WBS™ or for more information, call 713-690-3939 or e-mail us.